Saturday, April 19, 2008

Garth's Graduation


Yah! It's finally over...all the papers, the late nights at school, stressing thinking that it would never end. Garth Graduated from University of Phoenix on April 19th. He decided it would be better to walk in the commencement ceremony then to always wonder if he should have. So we had the family come down and we all went to the Save Mart Center and watched Garth finish a chapter of his life that we are all so proud of. What a handsome man! It was a long ceremony especially for Gerrit and Emma but we all enjoyed seeing Garth and sharing in that with him. After we went back to our house for dinner and to celebrate.




Story behind the cake:

When Garth was finishing up with he last of his classes he called me one day and was explaining that he only had to take one more class to be finished with his BA in Business. He was so excited he said, "Angie I can't believe I am almost done! then he spells done...D-O-N" I was waiting for the E but it never came and so I said wait a minute boy I think you need to go back and take a course in spelling because done is spelled with an E!!! I will never let him live that one down.

Just a word of advice...never get a cake with black frosting!!! We had that stained on our hands and the kids faces for days!

1 comment:

Brenlee Erenberg said...

Garth you did it!you graduated!I'm so proud of you.I couldn't be prouder.You and your family have been the best example to me.You are my big brother and I have known you now for over 11 years.I knew you could graduated.I know you are one of those people if you put your mind to something you always succeed!Congratulations Garth!I'm proud of my big brother!