Gerrit is 7! We had a party with some of his friends from school. He wanted a batman party so of course we went to Party City and got hooked up with all the cool things.
His birthday fell on a Wednesday which was a short day at school so I decided to have it right after school. That way I could just walk the kids home with me from school and the parents would only have to pick them up after.
My Mom came down the night before and watched Gerrit in Tae Kwon Do so she was there to help with the prep work. My morning went something like this.
I dropped Gerrit off at school in the morning with a big smile on his face and some cookies to share with his class.
I had to do some reports that morning, I was leaving the following night and had to get all my work done before I left. I was all caught up but I got a call saying that I had about 15 rushes that were due that day that I never got. So that threw a wrench in my plans but we got them done. The babysitter wasn't coming until 12:30 so I had Emma with me while I did my work. Luckily she was a good girl for me. Sitting in the car for three hours driving around town isn't fun for a three year old.
I came home at 12:30, dropped off Emma with the babysitter and picked up Katy to take her to PetSmart. I wanted to take Katy to the Groomers so she wouldn't be under foot at the party
and also she needed a cut and wash so it worked out beautifuly.
I got the balloons, the cake and some snacks for the party in under 30 minutes and made it back to the house by 1:10 to head to school and get the kids. My mom stayed with Emma and got the table arranged with the food. Then I brought back about 6 kids with me and the fun began. They were all outside most of the day which was nice because I didn't have a big mess to clean up after. We had cake, played games and had a Pinata. I asked that the kids didn't bring presents because we were trying to teach Gerrit about the tough economy and how sometimes the best things aren't store bought, sharing fun times with friends was more than enough. Gerrit thought that was cool. He did get some hand drwan cards from friends that were very special to him.
The party went from 1:30-3:30 and by 4 the house was empty and cleaned up! I had awesome firends there who helped my clean up the party mess.
I can't believe Gerrit is 7! Where did the time go? Man the days fly by!
Happy 7th birthday Buddy! WE LOVE YOU!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment