We had our annual Dixon family camp out this past weekend. We camped at Gold Country Campground Resort in Pine Grove, CA. It is just East of Jackson. The weather was good, most of the weekend except for the thunder and lightning showers we had on Sat. for about 30 minutes. The kids were down at the water park playing in the water features and swimming in the pool when we heard the thunder. We yelled EVERYONE OUT OF THE POOL!! Gerrit wasn't happy about cutting swim time short because of the storm. We made it back to our cozy trailer just in time to beat the rain fall. I decided it would be fun to make cookies in the trailer so the kids and I hung out in the trailer playing Sorry and making Peanut Butter cookies.
After the rain stopped Gerrit went out with the boys and played basketball while Emma and I took a 3 hour nap!! It was heaven!!
One of our traditions is making tin foil dinners on Sat. night. Gerrit made one this time and actually ate it! Emma mooched some cereal off her Aunt Cheryl so she had cheerios, cheese and a yogurt...for Dinner!!??
Keith and Kaleen brought their Kareeoke machine and we projected it on a sheet we attaced to the pop up shade. we sang country songs for about an hour. I bet our fellow campers loved that! It was so cute because Gerrit and Emma knew a couple of the songs and they were singing along. Gerrit was reading the words off the sheet so he sang along with most of them.
Someone thought it would be FUN to have a marshmallow stuffing contest. We lined up in teams and saw how many mallows we could fit into our mouths. Beautiful. It was hillarious because everyone was laughing and the mallows started oozing out of our mouths. Not one of our finer moments but it was one that we will remember for a while. BTW I didn't win dispite what you all think (I apparently didn't have the biggest mouth there)
The next morning we had pancakes and packed up for the long trek home. It is always fun to camp, I just wish we had a little more time to spend with the family.
Garth got a lot of really cute pictures of the kids and cousins. I included some of our favorites. The ones of Bridget with the dogs are really cute so I had to post them as well.




No comments:
Post a Comment