This Triathlon I had a better idea of how they worked. Endurance, Carb. loading the night before, hydration, energy packs, making transitions faster, what you needed and what you could do with out.
My first Tri was a mini Tri, 200 yard swim, 6 mile bike and 1 mile run but after I was Drained! After the high wore off I don't think I have ever felt that physically tired in my life! I knew I needed to prep my body better for the second one or they would have found me dead out on the bike trail. I read lots of blogs and forums on Tri's and everyone said that you needed to carb load the night before. Sounds easy enough. It was easy and yummy! Jerry and Marcia took our family to Olive Garden for yummy pasta and bread sticks. It sure did the trick because I didn't even take a nap after my second Tri and it was three times longer than the first one.
The water was freezing because it was October. It was hard to regulate your breathing and stroke pattern. If I do one that late in the year again I an investing in a wet suit! The bike ride was awesome. It was a foggy morning so they actually delayed the race by about 20 minutes but when I was out on the 18 mile bike it was so peaceful and beautiful. I rode on the back roads around Woodward Res. in Oakdale. The run was and still is my least favorite leg of the Tri. I don't like running on uneven packed surfaces. I twisted my ankle twice and I had to concentrate so hard on where I planted that I couldn't get into my grove.
Overall it was an amazing experience, one that I am anxious to do again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Way to go Angie! That is awesome. I've always wanted to do a Tri but I just can't get motivated to go out running/biking/swimming alone. A lot of women in our ward do marathons but I'm not about to run 20+ miles for fun :)
Post a Comment