Monday, August 16, 2010

Looking back at how far he's come...


I was going through old pictures and I found these of Gerrit


These were taken August 31st, 2002. Gerrit was almost 7 months old and about a week away form being diagnosed with his stroke. He was having seizures at this point and we didn't know what to do to help him.


These were taken on Oct. 31st, 2002. This is what A.C.T.H. can do to a baby in a matter of weeks. He was on the steroid shots twice a day for over 5 weeks to try and stop the seizures. Poor little guy gained 1/3 of his body weight in three weeks!

Don't know if you saw the head comparison in the two photos. Caleb, our sweet friend had a big head and you can see that Gerrit's head is bigger then Caleb's in the second photos.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What an amazing little boy you have!!

Heather said...

That is incredible! I am just so glad that he was diagnosed and that he has come so far and responded so well to therapy and everything else! He is just such a cutie!

Brenlee Erenberg said...

Gerrit has come so far.I've loved him since the day that he was born.He has always been determined to get through anything in life.Gerrit has been such a wonderful example to me.In my heart Gerrit is my hero.I'm so blessed to have your family in my life.I will forever be grateful for "the Dixon family"you are all so special to me!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

He's such a sweet little guy and a fighter! He really has come so far. I had forgotten all the weight he'd gained.

P.S. I love Caleb's spiderman outfit!