Monday, May 26, 2008

Trip to the Coast

Well I didn't have my camera so I am waiting on others to send me some pictures of this past weekend. Garth and I were able to leave the kids with my dad, his wife and my grandma and we went over tot he coast for a cousin's wedding. Garth's cousin, Isaac got married to his long time girlfriend (long time meaning like since 5th grade!) We had a blast seeing everyone from the Dixon side of the family. We danced the night away and truly felt like kids again. Then we got to sleep in! Yah! and have a nice quiet breakfast together. Before we came home we went to the Pismo Beach outlets and had some fun shopping. We got clothes, shoes, sunglasses and of course a candy apple at the Rocky Mountain Cho. Factory! Yum.

It was a wonderful trip and it is always nice spending time alone with Garth. It is also nice coming back home to our two wonderful kids, and Katy too.

While we were gone my dad took the kids to John's Incredible Pizza! Brave guy. Gerrit rode the bumper cars and both Gerrit and Emma rode the truck coaster, ate pizza and drank root beer. Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like fun! Now you just have to send out an email to everyone that you have a blog. :) Thus begins the technology journal!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you guys got a break--I'm jealous! Sounds like it was very nice. Can't wait to see pics!