I decided to ride Amtrak to Modesto. I was going to go to San Francisco to see WICKED with Marcia, Kaleen, Cheryl, Renee, Tamara and all my nieces. It was a Christmas present for the girls. Marcia got us a hotel room for the night and we all got dressed up and went out to dinner then saw the play. But I am getting ahead of myself...first there was a train ride.
Garth and I were going on a vacation and we didn't want to have two cars up in Modesto so we thought it best if I rode the train up the night before the play. Tamara would pick me up and we could spent the day Friday together.
I guess we didn't prep Gerrit enough that they were taking me to the train station and I was the only one who was going on the train. Gerrit stated crying and saying that he didn't want me to go and that he would miss me to much. It was so hard to board the train and look out to two crying kids. Poor Garth.
We told Gerrit that as soon as he got back in the car he could call me. By the time they called me I was already in Madera! The train ride was fast, we only stopped three times for a total of only about 7 minutes. I left Fresno at 8:15 and got to Modesto by 9:50. About the same time it takes to drive there. Tamara met me there and we had a fun day Friday before we went and saw WICKED.
Gerrit called me the next morning and said that he really missed me, he said that he wanted me to come home and never leave him again.
To this day he still says that he didn't like me going on the train and leaving him.
--Such a Mama's boy--
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Angie, the train ride sounds nice! Could you just relax the whole time??? Sorry about the kids crying though. We've all been there! More pics please of those darling kids!! We loved seeing you in Utah.
Post a Comment