Saturday, March 6, 2010

The week of March 1st, 2010--ONE CRAZY WEEK!!!

I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing week to get ready for Gerrit's Baptism that was on Sat. March 6th. I had just finished my busy time with work for February, which was crazy because Feb. is a short month so I didn't have as many days to get everything done this time around. I put everything off until after the busy time was over. Well Kim and I talk just about every day on the phone, we totally abuse the AT&T unlimited talk feature, and we were talking on Feb. 22nd when she told me her Grandpa had died. The funeral was on Friday Feb. 26th in Vernal, Utah, which is about an 8 hour drive one way from their house in Caldwell, ID. She and Eric had discussed their options and decided instead of making a round trip of 16 hours for the funeral then turning around three days later and making another 22 hour trip to our house for Gerrit's baptism that they would just drive from Utah to Fresno. Which means that they would be coming to our house on Monday, March 1st! I was torn because while on the one hand, which was the bigger hand, I was excited to spend the week with them, but the smaller hand was that my prep and relaxation time was gone!

They got to our house around 5pm on Monday night. We parked our trailer out front for Eric and Kim to sleep in and that worked out well. Rion slept with Gerrit and Hailey slept with Emma. Kim had to work Tuesday and Wednesday from my house and it was weird to be there with her and not talking to her on the phone. Once while I was out working I called her and we laughed about her being at my house and us still having the need to talk on the phone. Eric was awesome because on Tuesday he showed me how to dry pack sugar and flour. I borrowed the canner from the cannery and Eric helped my pack 50 lbs of sugar and 50 lbs of flour. It was so easy, it only took us about an hour!

On Thursday, McKay watched the kids while Eric, Kim and I got out of the house for a while to run some errands and have a nice lunch out together. That night, Candace came over and watched all 5 kids so Eric, Kim, Garth and I could all have a date. It was awesome! At ate at P.F. Chang's and then watched Avatar in IMAX 3D! Totally amazing movie!!

Garth took Friday off and the boys played in the mud with the kids while Kim and I ran some errands, then the boys took off to go shooting at the Range while Kim and I attempted to get Emma to take a nap, which never happened!

Grammy Tanya came at around 4:30 and everyone got ready to go to the temple. Kent and Tamara came and watched the kids while the five of us went and did Sealings at the Fresno Temple. It was such a special time because we were able to seal My Grandparents together and also my Mom's two brothers who died in infancy to their parents. We were going to have ice cream with the kids when we got back but Kent and Tamara were so on top of things that they already had the kids in bed! Only Rion remembered about the Ice cream and had stayed awake waiting for us to return.

Saturday morning, the day of the baptism, we decided that we needed to take some family pictures while all the grand kids were together. I have an amazingly talented friend in the ward who is a photographer and she met us out in some orchards and we spent two hours taking pictures and playing in the trees. I can't wait to get those pictures back, I will post some when I can.

Which brings us to the baptism...

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

I'm exhausted just from reading about it! What a busy week. I love PF Changs - they have the most amazing food!! So sorry we missed the baptism, had we been able to reschedule Habitat and weren't watching kiddos overnight we would have been their. Hope you know we were thinking of you and your sweet little boy that day. I even got out the photos of us camping at Pincrest when he was a baby (so cute)!

Libby Clarke said...

Tell Gerrit congratulations from me. I miss all of the kids in his Primary class. They all seem to be growing up.