Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gerrit Loses His First Tooth!





Gerrit didn't want to wiggle his very loose tooth and his permanent teeth were already coming in behind, pushing the baby teeth forward and out of the way. Garth would work with him everyday wiggling them but to no avail. We were getting desperate because the big teeth were growing in and the little ones needed to be out of there. We tried dental floss, but Gerrit would only let us try it if I put it on, because I get nauseous when it comes to loose teeth and Gerrit knew that I wouldn't try to yank it out...smart kid. there also was serious tooth fairy negotiations and man that kid made out, he got toys not money. oh well, you do what you gotta do sometimes :) So I got the floss on and because I am such a sissy when it comes to this Gerrit pulled once and guess what, the floss came right off the tooth! At least at this point I was able to show Gerrit that putting the floss on wasn't painful and now it was Garth's turn to work his magic. He got the floss on and in one swift movement he yanked the tooth out. Gerrit cried a little but I think that was because of the blood. Once he drank some water and the bleeding stopped he saw his tooth and was excited to get a visit from the tooth fairy that night.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I see you figured out the "change date" thing! LOL

Brenlee Erenberg said...

Gerrit you lost your 1st tooth!I can't beleive how fast you are growing up.You are my hero Gerrit!so was the tooth fairy good to you? I hope so!