Yesterday we took Katy to the Vet so she could get fixed, micro chipped, and given her rabies shot. The poor thing looked like she got hit by a train! The kids and I picked her up around 5pm last night and when we got home I tried to have her come out of her kennel but she just stayed in and basically ignored my attempts at flattery and treats. I even took off the door so she would feel free to roam in and out. Nope she just stayed in there for almost two hours until Garth got home. When she heard the door close she RAN to greet him just as she always does! Why him?!? I don't know. But she stayed right by him the entire night. She has a nice incision we are trying to keep her from licking and another on the back of her neck that they had to shave a spot for the Microchip. A microchip is something that is inserted just under the skin and when scanned it has all our information on it. So in case she gets lost or picked up she will have a better chance at getting back to us. I know I know I am so attached to this little girl! I think of her as another one of my kids. We were all worried about her when we dropped her off at the vet's. Gerrit told us all day about how much he loved Katy and that he hoped she would come back. We said she will come back but we have to make sure that we are careful around her for a while. 

Both Gerrit and Emma have been really good around her. I was worried about her with Emma around! Emma likes to pounce very close to Katy and let Katy lick her all over. We were worried that Emma would get to close- So far so good!
Both Gerrit and Emma have been really good around her. I was worried about her with Emma around! Emma likes to pounce very close to Katy and let Katy lick her all over. We were worried that Emma would get to close- So far so good!




1 comment:
My doggie Tyler had to where a cone on his face and neck after he got fixed.sounds like Katy is certainetly attached to Garth!
So sweet!!!!
Post a Comment