
Gerrit started Tae Kwon Do at Break the barriers. It is really neat place that both abled and disabled children and adults can do dance, Tae kwon Do, Gymnastics, swimming and other sports together. Gerrit looks so cute in his outfit. Can anyone help me out with the name of it. It isn't a Gee, it has a different name that I can't remember. Anyway he has been in it for three weeks now and he is loving it. They start off with running and stretches. Then they work on kicking, punching and thier form. I am so proud of my big boy for all that he is doing. I hope he will stay with this for a long time. Funny though I have flashbacks to when Eric was in Karate and he used me as his punching bag. :)

This is Luke working with Gerrit. He is a black belt in TKD and holds the record for most bricks broke at BTB; 10! He had a stroke before he was born jsut like Gerrit. It affected his right side of his body also. It was so neat to see him at the age of 19 and doing so well. I can't wait to see him work more with Gerrit. Gerrit thought it was cool to see someone who had a stroke doing TKD as well as he did.
1 comment:
This looks so great Angie. I have a friend who tried to get us to put Jeremy in a class, but we never could find a good time for it! I think we missed out for sure. I hope Gerrit continues--it looks like he really enjoys it!
Post a Comment