Whenever I think of JIP I instantly get a headache. For those of you who don't know what JIP is it is like a Chuck E. Cheese on steroids.
Gerrit has been asking to go there for over a month and we said that would be a fun thing to do on Fun Friday (our weekly family date night). Well Friday morning Gerrit comes bouncing into our room and announces that it is Friday. When can we go to JIP? Mind you I am still busy with reports and Garth had to work and after that he had arranged to go out with his cousins who were in town visiting. So we made a deal with him that we can go as a family tomorrow after Garth got off work. He was so bummed but was a good sport about it.
So this morning he kept asking if Garth was on his way home yet. It was only 10am! I told Gerrit that Emma had to take a nap and that Dad wouldn't be home for another four hours. I went to read to Emma and got her down for her nap at around 11:30. About an hour into her nap Gerrit came to me and said that he thought Emma was done with her nap. I told him no she isn't and to be patient. Well he asked about every 20 minutes after that if he could wake her up.
The time finally came that we were all in the car (Mom having already popped a few advil) on our way to JIP.
But you know what dispite all the weird people and tons of noise we had a blast! Watching the kids enjoyment is worth a headache for days :) Gerrit is old enough to ride the rides and Emma was content to watch him and laugh every time he came around. We played games, won silly prizes that cost a fortune but will probably break in a day and had a suprisingly good meal. Garth and I had a salad and the kids had pizza.
Another FUN FRIDAY success.
Now where's my pillow!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good time...I had forgotten about this place! It really is a kid's dream come true!
Post a Comment