Thursday, December 4, 2008

What time does Gerrit get out of School???

I should know this by now!!!

Yes I got the bad Mom award today. I got home from work at 2:30 and I was in the middle of looking up some missing reports that I had to get faxed in. I just so happened to turn on the computer and the emails started popping up. Gerrit gets to email me if he gets three happy faces and I an email from him popped up on the screen. At first I was thinking the email was from the day before. Then my brain started working and I looked down at the clock on my computer and it said 2:59pm. Um Ya so Gerrit get's out at 2:55!!!

I jumped up and woke poor Emma from a nice nap. I think she was still asleep as I put her in the stroller and I RAN to school. Luckily I have such wonderful friends and Cassie rescued me. Her son, Brendan, is in the class right next door and she went and told Mrs. Johnston that I was literally Running over.

Gerrit just laughed. He was fine because he got to goof around with Brendan for a while. We even invited Brendan over to play for a while so I am sure he was happy about that.

I bet Gerrit would like me to be late more often!

1 comment:

Fawn said...

ahhh, you have now crossed over! To the side where your brain cells are officially sleeping when you thought they never would. Watch the compassion you will now have for other Mom's who forget their kids, their carpool, their house payments, the cookies for the recital, etc.!! We've all been there, or will be! Thank goodness for neighbors and friends who understand.