Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday, April 29th, 2013

This morning I got up at 5:20 to meet my friend, Sharlene, to go running. I like my runs with her. In the beginning I would bring my headphones so I could listen to music. Sharlene would try to carry on a conversation, and I could only give her one work, usually breathless, responses. I am proud to say that now I leave my ear buds at home. We are able to carry on conversations as we run. I think it makes the time go by faster. The funny thing is, now when I go to the gym, I miss talking to someone while I exercise. I have even forgot my ear buds at home...luckily I had a random pair in my van.
After my three mile run I wanted to make the family a nice breakfast. So I surprised them with Cinnamon rolls and eggs. I figured I could shower when I came back from drop off, so I had more time to spoil my family; little did I know that I was wrong...
When I came home from dropping the kids off at school Ben and his Dad, Barry, were waiting in my driveway! I guess I got my weeks mixed up and didn't realize they were coming. I am glad I didn't run errands after drop off, but I wasn't happy that I still had my running clothes, and worse, smell on me.

But despite that; I always like it when Ben comes to play. He is such a special spirit and a lot of fun to hang out with. We went on a walk and Ben helped me with laundry...that is until my dryer stopped working!
I asked Nora, Ben's Mom if she could dry my last load of laundry. She, so willingly, said yes and I told her I would pick up her boys from school for her as a thank you.
When we got to her house after school, not only were my clothes dry and FOLDED, but Nora had made Pha.  It was amazing!! (see pic below)




After Garth got home, we discussed options with our dryer situation and at 7:50pm we ended up at Lowe's.  We ended up getting a really good deal on a washer and dryer. Lowes does price matching, plus an additional 10% off. They had free next day delivery and removal of old units, plus $130.00 in rebates. Not bad!!

The only down side is I am sure we will pay for keeping the kids out so late!!


No comments: