Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chris Lee's baptism


Today we had the great privilege of witnessing Chris Lee enter the waters of baptism. It was a well attended baptism from the ward. As a mother, my heart ached for Chris because no one from his family was there to support him. I was amazed at his faith and determination to get baptized. He came to this decision alone, came to church alone, took the discussions alone, and got baptized...alone. I hope he knows that although he doesn't have the support of his family, he has our support. We are very impressed with this young man. I am glad Garth is the Priest Quorumn advisor and had a chance to take Chris under his wing. We have had him over quite a bit for dinner. I couldn't let him leave alone after his baptism so we invited him over for dinner. He came, with another new convert, Kaila and ate with us. It was nice to just hang out with him. We ended up playing Guitar Hero on the WII until 9:30!

It was a very spiritually rewarding day for all involved!

No comments: