Happy May Day!!
Today I let Emma sleep in!
She went to bed at 7:30 last night. Slept soundly through the night and when I went in at 7 this morning to wake her she couldn't open her eyes. I figured if she sleeps 12 hours and is still tired, she needs the rest. So Garth took Gerrit to school and I let Emma wake up on her own. Which happened when Gerrit was singing as he was brushing his teeth at 7:45.
I wonder if the nightly feeds are not allowing her to get the deep sleep that she needs. I also wonder if that is part of her attitude issues lately...Hoping that is it...
So Emma got to have a leisurely breakfast and went to school at 9.
She did have a better attitude this afternoon...hmmm...I wonder if her bedtime should be 7:30 every night!
After school today the kids wanted to play baseball at the park. It was over 90 degrees, but we put on some hats and headed outside.
Gerrit wanted to play with a tennis ball and racket. That is fun!
Emma hits left handed. She is right handed, so that was neat. I even had her switch to see what felt more natural. She said standing with her right foot forward. Maybe I should have her practice both ways, that way she could be a switch hitter!
We played outside for about 20 minutes, then decided to go inside and have some water, sit under the fan and watch Wreck it Ralph.
The kids thought the fan was a good idea for the first 20 minutes, but then became chilled. I on the other hand thought it felt wonderful.
Tonight was mutual.
I am the Young Women's President in our ward, I have been since Jan. 2012.
Tonight at mutual we worked on Individual Worth #4 in our Personal Progress books.
(Personal Progress is a self enrichment program that we encourage all the girls to complete. It helps them know who they are; their talents, their strengths, and their relationship with Heavenly Father.)
We made "time capsules". Filled out papers and pictures about themselves, as well as writing a letter for them to open in about 6 years.
The girls seemed to enjoy the activity, and the evening turned out very nice.
I made a banana poke cake and several girls asked for the recipe.
~~~~Super Easy! Make a yellow cake. Pole a lot of holes in the top.
Pour banana pudding (mixed as directed on box) over the entire cake, trying to fill the holes as much as possible. Chill. Frost with cool whip. Garnish with crushed Nilla Wafers and voila!~~~~
As I lay here in bed blogging my heart is full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for the simple blessings I receive daily. It's the small things that keep us going. I am thankful for my body, and for my strength.
I am thankful for my ability to love and care for my family.
I am grateful for my children.
I am SO grateful for my husband. Without him I would be lost.
So thank you Garth for being amazing; an amazing friend, husband, father and provider.






No comments:
Post a Comment